OUR LEGAL BATTLES
James Ostrowski, Esq. is actively fighting the unconstitutional NY gun control regime at the highest levels of the state and federal court systems.
Libertarian Party of Erie County v. Cuomo
This case, now pending a ruling from the U.S. Court of Appeals after a 2.20.19 oral argument, is one step away from U.S. Supreme Court review. The case seeks to nullify New York State’s arbitrary pistol permit requirement based on the following:
- Unconstitutional – Second and Fourteenth Amendment rights violated
- Overly subjective nature of “good moral character,” “good cause,” and “proper cause” requirements
- Application of “intermediate scrutiny” to Second Amendment restrictions when “strict scrutiny” is most appropriate for this constitutionally enumerated right
The People of the State of New York v. Benjamin Wassell
This case, now pending a ruling from the NYS Supreme Court after a 2.28.19 oral argument, seeks to overturn the SAFE Act and reverse a SAFE Act conviction erroneously applied to a Western New York resident, based on the following:
- Lack of prosecutorial authority
- Unconstitutional and void for vagueness
- Due process violation
- Jury instruction error
- Lack of equal protection under the law
- Not supported by legally sufficient evidence
SAFE ACT NON-ENFORCEMENT ZONE
The district attorneys of all 17 Western New York counties have stated they WILL NOT enforce the SAFE Act seven-round capacity limit:
2AWNY will present critical updates on the fight to defend and expand your 2A civil rights to interested groups across WNY and beyond. Our appearances will focus on:
- Core elements necessary to preserve, defend, and expand 2A civil rights and the gun culture in NY.
- Status of 2AWNY court cases, outcomes, and next steps, following Feb. 2019 oral arguments.
- How pending U.S. Supreme Court review of NYC gun transport restrictions opens the door for pistol permit and SAFE Act overturn.
- Other related topics. Learn more HERE.
SAFE NIAGARA COUNTY: 2AWNY.COM CRITICAL UPDATE
- Who: 2AWNY Civil Rights Advocate Steve Felano and Libertarian Attorney Jim Ostrowski
- When: 4.9.19 @ 7:00 PM
- Where: Wilson Conservation Club – 2934 Wilson Cambria Road, Wilson, NY 14172
GET UPDATES + CONTACT US
2AWNY is a force multiplier for the numerous Second Amendment civil rights advocacy enterprises forming the backbone of Western New York’s vibrant gun culture. We act as a 2A news and information distribution, policy analysis, and organizational driver for the many interest groups seeking to defend and expand Second Amendment civil rights throughout the region. 2AWNY is dedicated to assisting in the organization, promotion, and funding of legal challenges to the unconstitutional New York State gun control regime. We seek to make Western New York the epicenter of New York State’s Second Amendment civil rights renaissance.