Jim Ostrowski is a Libertarian attorney from Buffalo, NY. He is diligently fighting two critical court battles against New York State’s unconstitutional gun control regime in 2019. These include Libertarian Party of Erie County v. Cuomo and The People of the State of New York v. Benjamin Wassell.
The former seeks to nullify New York State’s pistol permit requirement and is scheduled to be argued before the U.S. Court of Appeals on Feb. 20th, 2019, just one step away from U.S. Supreme Court review. The latter seeks to reverse a 2013 SAFE Act conviction and overturn the SAFE Act in total based on a range of constitutional violations, and is scheduled to be argued in New York State Supreme Court on Feb. 28th, 2019.
In this episode of the 2AWNY Podcast, 2AWNY Civil Rights Advocate Steve Felano covers the following with Jim Ostrowski:
- How gun control is a form of emotional therapy for progressives who struggle to cope with the reality of mass killings and an overall complex world beyond their total control.
- Details regarding the aforementioned court cases, to include:
- The arguments Jim makes in each
- Intermediate vs. strict scrutiny interpretations of the Second Amendment
- Where each case stands in the state and federal court hierarchy, situated beneath SCOTUS
- The latest on the evolution of each case
- Goals and likely outcomes of these court battles
- What the addition of NYSRPA v. NYC to the 2019 SCOTUS docket means for Jim’s legal challenges to the unconstitutional NY gun control regime.
- How to effectively foster the next generation of Second Amendment attorneys in WNY and beyond to ensure NY gun control challenges continue to make their way through the courts.
There is a Second Amendment civil rights renaissance growing in Western New York that is rippling across the state. Join us at WWW.2AWNY.COM.