A tyrannical leviathan due to NY-style gun control, China succeeds in enslaving an entire Muslim population in modern concentration camps
May 23, 2019 | BUFFALO, N.Y. – Five years to the day after the Chinese government launched its deceptively-named “Strike Hard Campaign against Violent Terrorism,” 2AWNY is honoring the Turkic Muslim peoples in northwest China’s Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region. As documented by Human Rights Watch in their comprehensive 2018 report “Eradicating Ideological Viruses” China’s Campaign of Repression Against Xinjiang’s Muslims, this disfavored group has been mercilessly oppressed by the Chinese government’s ongoing assault on individual liberty.
Government agents have criminally used efforts to combat a small fraction of Uyghurs who have joined armed Islamic extremist organizations – a group that Chinese state media reports is just 300 strong – as the pretext for sustained human rights abuses against the more than 10 million Uyghurs in Xinjiang. A review of Chinese law and the aforementioned Human Rights Watch report reveals that said abuses, enabled by a sprawling network of government tyranny bolstered by grid-style police checkpoints, at least $290 million dollars in ubiquitous surveillance camera and facial recognition systems, and a modern network of 1,129 concentration camp buildings spanning 10,763,910 square feet, include, but are not limited to:
- Extreme restrictions on private firearms ownership
- Numerous arbitrary arrests and summary executions
- Deaths in custody, torture, and ill-treatment
- Mass artificial intelligence and facial recognition surveillance
- Collection of DNA, fingerprints, iris scans, blood types, and voice samples for surveillance purposes
- Detention without charge
- Restrictions on freedom of religion
- Abuses during police interrogations
- Complete denial of due process
- Forced political indoctrination
- Tight controls on freedom of movement
- Severe limits on access to passports
- Compelled division of families
- Restrictions on private communications with people outside China
- Numerous other human rights abuses
“The imprisonment and killing of minority groups by tyrannical government occurring today in China is a direct result of the kind of unconstitutional gun control that is currently active across New York State,” 2AWNY.COM Civil Rights Advocate Steve Felano said. “The extreme oppression endured by the Uyghurs of Xinjiang, which potentially extends to three million political prisoners by some credible estimates, is inextricably linked to China’s expansive civilian disarmament industrial complex promulgated by the communist nation’s highly restrictive Firearms-Control Law of 1996. In complete alignment with the ideological thrust of New York State’s gun control regime, which China enthusiastically supports, the communist nation’s Firearms-Control Law generally prohibits any private possession of firearms with extremely limited exceptions.”
Because Uyghurs, and the vast majority of Chinese civilians, have been expressly denied the natural right to keep and bear arms for defense against government oppression, the disease of tyranny has fully enveloped the Communist Republic of China. Therefore, on today’s fifth anniversary of China’s deceptively-named ‘Strike Hard Campaign against Violent Terrorism,’ launched on May 23, 2014, 2AWNY honors the immense suffering being endured at this very moment by the Uyghurs of Xinjiang at the hands of their tyrannical government. To best honor this suffering, New York State officials should acknowledge the stunning similarities between the gun control laws they have enacted and those on record in China, and immediately repeal them all. Failure to accomplish this will leave future generations of New Yorkers exposed to the brand of government tyranny now rampant in the communist nation, in return for the short-term benefit of appeasing the unfounded hoplophobia of today’s progressive mob.
Indeed, the most contemporary data analysis clearly shows that the type of highly restrictive gun control in place in New York State, closely mirroring that of China and centering on magazine capacity limits and bans on so-called ‘assault weapons,’ is not consistently related to overall homicide or suicide rates. Therefore, given that the promise of gun control has clearly been proven to be empty, every New York State government official and citizen who continues to support the fallacy of this misguided and unconstitutional policy prescription is ideologically complicit in the government-sponsored imprisonment and murder of Xinjiang’s Uyghurs.
There are myriad similarities between the gun control programs enforced by the Communist Republic of China and far-left progressive New York State. In the interest of providing a small sample of said similarities, it should be recognized that both programs:
- Completely ignore the core justification for the natural right to keep and bear arms – an effective defense against government tyranny – by acknowledging only government approved activities, such as hunting, sports, and wildlife management, as valid reasons for firearms ownership;
- Cite exceedingly rare events – Uyghur terrorist attacks and U.S. active killer events, respectively – as a justifiable pretext for denying the entire civilian population of the natural right to keep and bear arms that are most effective for defense against government tyranny;
- Place the natural right to keep and bear arms at the mercy of conclusions arbitrarily drawn and applied by corruptible government licensing officials;
- Impose arbitrary limits completely unsupported by data on the volume and type of ammunition that civilians can bring to bear in self-defense situations;
- Enforce cruel and unusual penalties on law-abiding citizens for disobeying government firearms prohibitions that clearly violate natural law and the U.S. Constitution;
- Require that civilians significantly curtail their natural right to self-defense by submitting to government gun control decree, while imposing no corresponding requirement that government, in turn, severely curtail its size and scope in order to limit the threat it now poses to an increasingly disarmed citizenry; and
- Create a de facto two-tiered system of citizens – those employed by the government who have access to the most effective self-defense instruments in existence, and those regular citizens who don’t and are thus left vulnerable to the whims of government.
On this fifth anniversary of China’s “Strike Hard Campaign,” it is time for New York State to end its failed experiment with the false promise of gun control. As evidenced by the current situation in northwest China’s Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region and 2AWNY’s review of deaths attributed to U.S. ‘gun violence’ vs. deaths caused by 20th century government tyranny, gun control kills far more people than it has or ever will save.
To learn more about any of the above, please contact Steve Felano at (518) 852-1863 or sfelano@2AWNY.com.
– 30 –
2AWNY is a force multiplier for the numerous Second Amendment civil rights advocacy enterprises forming the backbone of Western New York’s vibrant gun culture. We act as a 2A news and information distribution, policy analysis, and organizational driver for the many interest groups seeking to defend and expand Second Amendment civil rights throughout the region. 2AWNY is dedicated to assisting in the organization, promotion, and funding of legal challenges to the unconstitutional New York State gun control regime. We seek to make Western New York the epicenter of New York State’s Second Amendment civil rights renaissance. Learn more at WWW.2AWNY.COM.