Attorney James Ostrowski to Hold First Preliminary Conference in Landmark Case Against Red Flag-Style Gun Confiscation
As NYS progressives and compliant republicans pine for Red Flag Law implementation, this Allegany County, NY case clearly exposes the abuses of power allowed by state gun confiscation
- Attorney James Ostrowski (only attorney in NYS to overturn a SAFE Act conviction)
- 2AWNY.COM Civil Rights Advocate Steve Felano
2AWNY.COM will hold a press conference updating the public on a major legal action launched last month against Red Flag-style gun confiscation in Allegany County, NY. Details of the specific legal case at issue, associated civil rights violations, and the impact of both on the soon-to-be-implemented state Red Flag Law will be explained. Also addressed will be President Donald Trump’s misguided position on Red Flag Law implementation, and the required starting points for reform of current Red Flag Law systems in order to align them with constitutional requirements.
Allegany County Courthouse – 7 Court Street, Belmont, NY 14813
- 11:00 AM – Preliminary Conference
- 12:00 PM – 2AWNY.COM Press Conference
Through an illegal conspiracy and Red Flag-style gun confiscation progressed by town and county government officials, a former Town of Allen, NY justice has been denied her fundamental First, Second, Fourth, and Fourteenth Amendment civil rights under the U.S. Constitution. Between Tuesday, April 23, 2018 and present day, the aforementioned former justice has suffered the following civil rights abuses, and others, at the hands of a cabal of autocratic government thugs clearly employing official power to secure personal and political revenge:
- Tuesday, April 23, 2018 – Threatened with unjustified pistol permit denial by a county judge for “continually disparaging me and my family publicly in her Court and in Town meetings.” This groundless threat was forced on a former town justice in retaliation for her actions of free speech protected by the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.
- Thursday, June 13, 2019 – Autocratically punished by a county judge with preemptive and baseless pistol permit suspension order to settle a personal and political score. This act of ex parte collusion between town and county officials was devoid of due process for a former town justice, and violated her Second and Fourteenth Amendment protections under the U.S. Constitution.
- Thursday, June 13, 2019 – Unjustifiably victimized by a county sheriff deputy in an ill-founded firearms seizure executed at a former town justice’s home, simply because she is disfavored by town and county government officials. Reminiscent of Venezuela’s 2013 Civilian Disarmament Act enabling government agents to form death squads, illegally enter homes, and murder at least 6,856 civilians between January 2018 and May 2019, this act of totalitarian gun confiscation and unreasonable search and seizure violated the aforementioned former town justice’s Second and Fourth Amendment protections under the U.S. Constitution.
New York State’s Red Flag Law, signed by Governor Cuomo on Monday, February 25, 2019, doesn’t officially go into effect until late August 24, 2019. However, as the above unconstitutional ordeal clearly demonstrates, government officials have definitely put it into effect unofficially. This legal matter squarely implicates the unconstitutional machinations at the core of the state Red Flag Law, and the misguided federal gun confiscation powers being called for by President Donald Trump. This issue substantially impacts the civil rights of all New Yorkers, and all Americans.
To learn more about any of the above, please contact Steve Felano at (518) 852-1863 or sfelano@2AWNY.com.
– 30 –
2AWNY is a force multiplier for the numerous Second Amendment civil rights advocacy enterprises forming the backbone of Western New York’s vibrant gun culture. We act as a 2A news and information distribution, policy analysis, and organizational driver for the many interest groups seeking to defend and expand Second Amendment civil rights throughout the region. 2AWNY is dedicated to assisting in the organization, promotion, and funding of legal challenges to the unconstitutional New York State gun control regime. We seek to make Western New York the epicenter of New York State’s Second Amendment civil rights renaissance. Learn more at WWW.2AWNY.COM.